On Thu, May 02 2019, Nam Nguyen <n...@berkeley.edu> wrote:
> This is a continuation of this 2018 thread:
> https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=152201589030271&w=2
>
> I have attached a new port, net/rtptools. I based it off of Jan Stary's
> submission. Jan, I kept you as maintainer if that is ok.
>
> rtptools itself has recently changed from a non-commercial license to
> BSD 3-clause, as of rtptools 1.22, released July 2018.
>
> Here are the licenses for files not originally by rtptools.
> * hsearch.[ch] (BSD 4-clause)
> * multimer.[ch] (BSD ancestor)
> * hsearch.[ch] (BSD 4-clause)
> * notify.[ch] (all rights reserved)
> * vat.h (BSD ancestor)
>
> How does the licensing of notify.{h,c} affect the PERMIT_* variables for
> OpenBSD? To be safe, I just put no. Here are the licenses from
> notify.{h,c}.

> /*
> stripped-down version of <xview/notify.h>
>
> (c) Copyright 1989, 1990, 1991 Sun Microsystems, Inc. Sun design
> patents pending in the U.S. and foreign countries.

(Those patents have probably expired now.)

> OPEN LOOK is
> a trademark of USL. Used by written permission of the owners.
> */
>
> /*
> notify  --  primitive notification service implementing a subset of the SunOS
>             (sunview/XView) notifier.
>
> Copyright 1993 by AT&T Bell Laboratories; all rights reserved

"All rights reserved" doesn't mean much to me, afaik it is just
something that was cargo-culted.  IMO, this file lacks a proper license
for redistribution, but I bet there are tons of such files in the ports
tree.  I'm fine with playing it safe here, as done in your proposal.

> */
>

> I tested this transmitting voice over rtp. I used ffmpeg on the source
> laptop with a microphone.

> doas sysctl kern.audio.record=1
> doas mixerctl inputs.mic=160,160
> ffmpeg -f sndio -i snd/0 -c copy -f nut -f rtp rtp://192.168.1.5:9999
>

> On the destination computer, I used rtpdump (rtptools) and play (sox).

> FIFO=/tmp/audiofifo
> IP=192.168.1.5
> PORT=9999
>
> mkfifo $FIFO
> rtpdump -F payload -o $FIFO $IP/$PORT &
> play -t raw -r 48k -e signed-integer -b 16 -c 2 --buffer 4096 $FIFO

Not tested but looks fine ports-wise.  Here's an updated tarball with
a few tweaks:
- use "BSD" instead of listing all subtypes of BSD-ish licenses
- expand MASTER_SITES, makes it copy/pastable
- add format strings fixes (mostly time_t related), some of them likely
  needed to unbreak on 32 bits archs

I hate that even distfiles mirroring is disabled, but hey...

jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE