Ampie Niemand writes:

> Hi, Nam.
>
> I used Jeremie's Makefile and built it on my 2009 Sahara Netbook 10.1
> (Arch i386)
>
> Everything builds cleanly and the binary files works well.
> {SEPARATE_BUILD=Yes gives a load of errors}

Thank you for testing and for the note about SEPARATE_BUILD. I was able
to successfully test it with i386 running on my Thinkpad x61, as well. I
suppose SEPARATE_BUILD is an optional feature supported by the GNU build
system and does not work in all cases.

> On Tue, 7 May 2019 at 15:46, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:
>> - add format strings fixes (mostly time_t related), some of them likely
>>   needed to unbreak on 32 bits archs

Without the patches I got a `Segmentation fault (core dump)' when doing
`rtpdump -F ascii 192.168.1.123/9999' and `rtpdump -F hex
192.168.1.123/9999'. The normal mode still worked.

With patches everything works properly. You were able to spot these
errors without testing.

Stuart Henderson writes:
> On 2019/05/07 09:44, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:
>> "All rights reserved" doesn't mean much to me, afaik it is just
>> something that was cargo-culted.  IMO, this file lacks a proper license
>> for redistribution, but I bet there are tons of such files in the ports
>> tree.  I'm fine with playing it safe here, as done in your proposal.
>
> "All rights reserved" text was required for an old copyright convention,
> still used in some countries until 2000, it means that it may not be
> copied without permission. Newer conventions don't require this text and
> creative works are copyright by default.
>
> AIUI they should not be distributing this, and especially not alongside
> a LICENSE file (and repo setting in github) implying that it is BSD-licensed.
> Sanest thing to do if this software is actually useful would be to rewrite
> that code...

This is an interesting discussion about redistribution. Thank you for
the explanation.