On 5/31/19 11:30 AM, Thomas Dettbarn wrote:
Please forgive my stupidity! :)

Brian Callahan <call...@rpi.edu> hat am 31. Mai 2019 um 14:40 geschrieben:
Huh? My email was a go-ahead for your game to be added to our ports tree.

~Brian

So what I did was

cvs -qd anon...@anoncvs.ca.openbsd.org:/cvs checkout -P ports/games/

and checked if my project is in there. It was not. Trying to add the directory
with

cvs add games/dmagnetic

resulted in a

cvs server: cannot mkdir /cvs/ports/games/dmagnetic: Permission denied

which is why a cvs diff told me:

? dmagnetic/Makefile
? dmagnetic/distinfo
? dmagnetic/pkg

and after a couple of more tries in

cvs diff -u dmagnetic/*
cvs diff: warning: directory CVS specified in argument
cvs diff: but CVS uses CVS for its own purposes; skipping CVS directory
cvs server: I know nothing about dmagnetic/Makefile
cvs server: I know nothing about dmagnetic/distinfo
cvs server: Diffing dmagnetic/pkg
cvs server: dmagnetic/pkg/DESCR is a new entry, no comparison available
cvs server: dmagnetic/pkg/PLIST is a new entry, no comparison available

maybe i am stupid? anyways, my port is still at
http://www.github.com/dettus/ports_and_packages, and pointing towards release
0.14.

It takes at least two OpenBSD developers to add a new port to the tree: one to actually make the commit and another to give an ok (effectively, sign-off) for it. Of course, more than one ok (from multiple OpenBSD developers) is welcome.

I've done the ok part. That's one. Now a second person has to actually make the commit that will add your port to the ports tree. Alternatively, that second person can give me an ok and I can make the commit.

~Brian