On Sun, Oct 20, 2019, Johnathan M. wrote:

> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-stop-firefox-making-automatic-connections

Thanks, I followed all of those instructions and FF is still making
the connections. I found out that those to AWS are actually for hostnames
in mozilla.com and mozaws.net domains, so I blocked those in DNS.
So far I haven't figured out what the cloudfront.net actually does/is,
I will probably try to install some proxy which hopefully can give me
that info.

> https://github.com/pyllyukko/user.js

I downloaded that and wrote a very simple script to compare the
settings with mine (see below), I will probably do the same for
prefs.js from TOR.

Thanks for all the help!
BTW: I also tried iridium and the first thing it did was to
connect to some google domain.

#!/bin/sh
fail()
{