On Fri, Mar 20 2020, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:
> On 2020/03/20 01:55, k...@openbsd.org wrote:
>> http://build-failures.rhaalovely.net/sparc64/2020-03-17/telephony/iaxclient.log
>
> Build fails on sparc64, but in such a way that makes me think it's not going
> be working properly on other arches too. sebastia@ (or anyone else), can you
> confirm if this still runs OK (actual use, not just startup) on amd64 etc?
>
> From the log
>
> : .libs/libiaxclient.so.0.0: undefined reference to `avcodec_encode_video'
> : .libs/libiaxclient.so.0.0: undefined reference to `avcodec_alloc_frame'
> : collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
> : Error while executing cc -o
> .libs/testcall -pthread -O2 -pipe -I/usr/local/include -DALLOW_SMP_DANGERS
> testcall.o -L.libs -lossaudio -liaxclient -lportaudio -lsndio -lm -lpthread
> -lspeex -lspeexdsp -lvidcap -lgsm -logg -ltheora -lavcodec -ltheoradec
> -lvorbis -Wl,-rpath-link,/usr/local/lib
>
> I think that this would have been broken by an ffmpeg update at some
> point and that it will likely be broken at runtime when trying to call
> those functions on amd64 too (of course the build fails if you use
> USE_LLD=No on amd64).

Yes.  Looks like this would need a move to av_frame_alloc (one call site
is already patched) and avcodec_encode_video2 (needs some thoughts).

I last touched this port because the iaxcomm subpackage didn't build
with wxWidgets 3 any more, back then I already wondered whether it made
sense to keep it on life support.  After all, this is beta software from
2008, that needs frequent patching for ffmpeg updates.

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE