On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 10:28:44PM +0100, Laurence Tratt wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 04, 2020 at 10:55:35PM +0200, Landry Breuil wrote:
>
> Hello Landry,

<snip>

> I don't seem able to get this to work (at least with 78.0.2 in ports).
>
> When I click on (say) a PDF, I get the "what should Firefox do with this
> file" dialogue box rather than opening with xdg-mime. If I try browsing the
> file system then, even with mupdf added to unveil.main, it doesn't seem to
> "see" the mupdf binary, so I can't select it (but I can select Bulk Rename,
> Firefox, or Thunderbird?!). Either way, it doesn't seem to be firing up
> xdg-mime. This seems to happen with my existing FF profile and with an
> entirely new profile.

with my patch, xdg-* isnt used at all anymore, as it relies on glib2 being
able to access /bin/sh.

Here, when i try to access a pdf, firefox shows me the 'open with
mupdf or save' dialog, as (from my understanding) it has access to all
the .desktop files and the corresponding mime db, so knows what
registered handlers exist for a given mimetype. The patch just
short-circuits the internal glib2 handling/app startup via sh.

Fwiw, other than yours i got zero feedback on this patch. Sad.

Landry