> ... The bill also charges library patrons an 'artists compensation'  fee for every
>book, periodical, or sound recording checked out ...

The free library system in this country is already challenged by dwindling public
support (taxes), private libraries, and user charges for borrowing "best sellers."

I have a better idea. There should be a progressive tax levied against every tax
paying citizen in this country to support Garth Brooks' recording career. This would
function much the same way as price supports do for farmers. Maybe then he'll leave us
and used cd sales alone. Or we could just roast the bastard like a pig.

Jeff Sohn
The Angry Pretzel-Eating, Bass Playing Librarian in Albany NY