It's my understanding that artists get the number count from record club sales
but not one dime of royalties.  Some artists do manage to negeotiate different
deals.  Without trying to start another slime some thread(Garth is enough),
Hootie and Blowfish had in their contract for their second release, Fairweather
Johnson, that it could not be released to clubs for a full year after street
date.

Iceman