....my friend Liz who went down to photograph Ralph Stanley recording with
>Jim Lauderdale got back last night and says she spent a lot of time in the
>studio with them and that the stuff sounds fabulous
>
>Elena

Bet it does! Lauderdale did that surprise guest set with  Ralph Stanley &
Co at Tramps (here in NYC, as if Elena doesn't know) back before
Christmas--and they were obviously comfortable with him and visa versa and
looking forward to this session, which they brought up at the time.  The
cut on  "Clinch Mountain" isn't bad either!  So this seems like one to look
forward to.
     Bet it surprises some people--as much with Jim Lauderdale seems to.

Barry