> That's a really great film, in my opinion...

Mine, too, though - apparently due to reasons beyond Liebling's control - it
seriously under-represents the importance of Flatt & Scruggs among the first
generation acts, so you get lots of Monroe and Stanley(s), and not nearly
enough Lester'n'Earl.  However, the fact that Liebling presents bluegrass as
1) a basically modern form (there's that great passage where, uh, "Bluegrass
Breakdown" is wailing along on the soundtrack behind footage of rushing
trains, mass production machinery, etc.), and 2) a living form outweighs the
F&S problem.  There are some other points in it that could be nit-picked,
and I reserve the right to point them out in the future <g>, but it's
something that everyone ought to have a copy of.

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/