> I know Nirvana, and John Anderson ain't no Nirvana.

You got that right, sister <g>.

> BTW, how many country writers even, in comparable circumstances, refer to
> Hecht/Block's "Walkin' After Midnight"?  The relevant reference
> is more likely to Patsy Cline's, innit?

Well, sure; the analogy here, though, would be to John Anderson, not the
Mekons.  After all, you'd correct someone who called it a Garth Brooks song,
wouldn't you?  I mean, he *did* record it and all (it's on The Chase,
immediately preceding, speaking of synchronicity, "Dixie Chicken"), but it's
still a Patsy Cline song - and "Wild And Blue" is a John Anderson song...<g>

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/