In a message dated 1/25/99 11:58:38 PM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< > I know Nirvana, and John Anderson ain't no Nirvana.

 You got that right, sister <g>.

Thanks for taking this in the spirit in which it was intended!  (I forgot my
<g> thingie).  (decaf, soron honey).

As for this, though.  . .

<<Well, sure; the analogy here, though, would be to John Anderson, not the
Mekons.  After all, you'd correct someone who called it a Garth Brooks song,
wouldn't you?  I mean, he *did* record it and all (it's on The Chase,
immediately preceding, speaking of synchronicity, "Dixie Chicken"), but it's
still a Patsy Cline song - and "Wild And Blue" is a John Anderson song...<g>>>

For Hazeldine's audience I still contend the Mekons is the proper reference,
since it's the Mekons cover that inspired their own, and to which they refer
their listeners, for recollection or future exploration.  In fact, its
possible (ya never know) that the Hazeldines felt the Anderson connection was
so obvious it hardly needed mentioning, but that the Mekons cover was
undeservedly underappreciated.  <g> Orphans took a fair stab at identifying
the writer, which is where this dispute started out here on ole P2 as I
recall.  Under the circumstances, I'm inclined to forgive the music reviewer
for not taking five of the 75 words or whatever alotted to her to elaborate
irrelevantly on the provenance of "Wild and Blue;" the thing her subject, the
Hazeldines, say matters most to THEM about it is that the Mekons recorded it.

Much love to all,
Linda

Linda