As the newest guest in your house of love, I'm little too talkative, ain't I?

Well, I can't help myself (when I help myself to you).

Anyway, don't know if this has been posted, so I'll take a whack. Elmore Leonard, the master of crime fiction and inventor of gangster/movie producer Chili Palmer, delves even more deeply into the entertainment industry with his upcoming sequel to "Get Shorty"...

And according to a preview I found posted on Amazon.com (I enjoy Leonard, usually to the strains of Morphine), "Be Cool" *is* cool. Get a load of the fictional band's musical pedigree....

>>From Kirkus Reviews , November 15, 1998
Nine years after his farcical conquest of Hollywood in Get Shorty, former loan shark Chili Palmer aims to scale equally unlikely new heights as a music producer. As you'd expect, it all happens more or less by accident. Stung by the failure of Get Lost, the sequel to his triumphant debut, Get Leo, Chili's not sure what story will put him back on top of Hollywood's greasy pole. Should his comeback film be about a rocker like Linda Moon, a singer who works for a dating service, or about a record producer like Chili's acquaintance Tommy Athens? The decision gets complicated when Tommy is executed in the middle of a power lunch with Chili, and when Chili tells Raji, the pimplike manager of Linda's girl group, that Linda is suddenly free to reconvene her old band Odessa (``AC/DC meets Patsy Cline'') because Chili himself will be managing her from now on. <<

This one WILL be made into a movie, too. We can only hope it's as good as the first one...for the sequel novel is said to be even better than it's printed predecessor.

Tasq