At 10:32 AM 1/31/1999 EST Linda wrote wrote:

>Tim Carroll has a standout track, "Open Flame" on Bloodshot's compilation of
>Nashville outsiders, Nashville:  The Other Side of the Alley.  He's appeared
>from time to time with Lonesome Bob and Tommy Womack, and he also often backs
>Webb Wilder with Duane Jarvis, he of another great track from the Bloodshot
>deal, "Cocktail Napkin."  Sire signed Carroll, then sat on his release for
>months.  It's now supposed to come out in April, I think.  There's a
review in
>the Jan/Feb No Depression.

Also Linda, there's an EP-CD GOOD ROCK FROM BAD (copyright 1996) on P2er
Jerker Emmanuelson's Sound Asleep label with 7 roots-rockin tracks:
Open Flame
She Does My Heart Good
I Think Hank
She Just Knows
Punk Rockin' Honky Tonk Girl (the P2 wimmen's anthem?)
But Why
Too Rock'n' Roll

This is a fine disc, and I got my copy through Bloodshot (who may still
offer it) but I bet either of our P2 providers would be able to get a copy.
I'm very fond of this record, and it was a big disappointment when Mr.
Carroll's new record got bumped from its original September release date in
that Sire deal.

b.s.

"The truth ain't always what we need, sometimes we need to hear a beautiful
lie." -Bill Lloyd