My $0.02:

Yeah, he's a great guitarist, who can fit in just about any bill (rock, blues,
country, blah, blah, blah), but I consider him a showboat.  Like what Benz
brought up, evey commercial break on SNL, he has a different guitar, and we're
not talking $100 pawn shop specimens, he's pulling out late 50s Strats and
Teles, Gretsch White Falcons, Ricks with the lights under the pickguards, and
it seemed that he was doing it JUST BECAUSE he knew he could do it with that
exposure.

I heard him on an interview once (Fresh Air?) in which he stated that all
music white people play can be traced to black music.  I never knoew Buckwheat
Zydeco had such an impact on Frankie Yankovic.

Mitch Matthews
Gravel Train/Sunken Road

np: My nose (bad cold)