> Of course, I believe he can perform/write on anything he damn well
> pleases.
> Look what shifting instruments has done for the writing of people like
> Paul
> Simon (guitar to piano), John Lennon (guitar to piano), and Gillian
> Welch
> (guitar to banjo), to name but a few. Whatever the results, I'll
> probably
> request it on the local americana station and/or hang out at the
> listening
> post to hear it before I pass final judgement.

        [Matt Benz]  Well, it was more the article phrased it: "....40
songs, many of which feature Adams mucking about on piano or organ."
This does not lead one to conclude that he is playing either very well
(tho he could be, of course). Nor am I one to think that any artist can
come up with 40 good recordable songs for one album; didn't they also
record about "40" songs for Strangers Almanac? So what, there's gonna be
60 or so songs between the two sessions they don't use? Sorry, I find
that hard to believe, sounds like whiskey talking to me.