>Anyway, I read something interesting about the infamous Winter
>Dance Tour yesterday: it continued on without the three dead headliners,
>substituting Holly-wannabe Bobby Vee as the star! Some things never change
>about the music industry...

Hey, isn't this the same Bobby Vee that hired a young piano player named
Bobby Dylan within a couple years after this gig?? Of course, he didn't last
that long with the band ("creative differences" is what the papers
reported), but it does remind me of what Woody Guthrie supposedly told
Dylan: "Well, kid, I don't know about your writing, but your voice'll take
you places."

Lance . . .