Lance:

> Hey, isn't this the same Bobby Vee that hired a young piano player named
> Bobby Dylan within a couple years after this gig?? Of course, he didn't last
> that long with the band ("creative differences" is what the papers
> reported), but it does remind me of what Woody Guthrie supposedly told
> Dylan: "Well, kid, I don't know about your writing, but your voice'll take
> you places."

Just an amusing Dylan's-voice anecdote:  last weekend I was driving
my 10 year-old daughter to a lesson and put in a cassette of the
acoustic disc from the 1966 live album.  She listens a minute or two
and just started howling with laughter.  Ever since then she's been
walking around the house doing imitation Dylan renderings of songs by
the groups she listens to:  Spice Girls, Shania, N' Sync, etc.  It's
pretty funny to hear a 10 year-old do a Dylan version of "Any man of
*miiiiine* / Better walk the *liiiiine*, etc." for example <g>

--junior