At 11:32 AM 2/4/99 -0800, Don wrote:

>OK. Best alt-country indie band album of '99 (so far):
>
>Hadacol - Better Than This (Checkered Past)

I second this nomination, not that I've heard a great deal of indie stuff.
I have heard, though, the two other discs you mention below and I agree the
hadacol is significantly better: well played roots rock with quite a few
good, suprisingly literate songs. Since they are from KC, I have a Town &
Country on them in the next No Depression.

My so-far faves of '99 are, in order, the new Wilco, the Steve and Del disc
and the new Joe Henry. --david cantwell