>Well, my favorite "scribe" comes courtesy of the Minutemen--I think
>all of the SST bands of the 80's did this--who write "Arena Rock is the
New
>Wave on side d. of Double Nickels on the Dime. This is followed by side
>mike's "Punk Rock is the New Nostalgia." Any chance to bring up this
album,
>and I'm there.

Whoo-hoo! says me, who will also do the same. :)
I think every Minutemen album has "scribes": e.g., Ballot Result ("You
choose a hero's kingdom"(side one) "...or a mean democracy?"(side
two)..."Want to focus?..." (side three)..."Bofus?" (side four)) or
Project:Mersh ("Full Circle--The Concept becomes reality--now deal with
it!!")

>Lance, wondering if he wants new wave, or if he wants the truth . . .

Actually, have you ever heard Dos' version of that song?? Maybe even
better than the original...

Steve Kirsch (who still thinks "Dreams Are Free, Motherfucker" is the
best song title of all time, even if it isn't a very good song:))
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

np: John Strohm--"Caledonia" (anyone ever seen this guy live?...he's
playing SXSW and I'm wondering what to expect)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]