The Boudin Barndance - 2/4/99
Dan Ferguson
WRIU-FM, 90.3 Kingston, RI
Thursdays 6-9 pm

A show that wasn't supposed to be more than 45 minutes long ended up going the
distance when the URI basketball broadcast team couldn't find the UMass
campus. Dumb college kids.  Hence no real plans other than an opening set in
remembrance of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and the Big Bopper, and one
featuring music from Howard "Louie Bluie" Armstrong whose performing locally.
New stuff gettin' first-time Barndance spins this evening included albums from
Josh Rouse (better late than never!), Rudy "Tutti" Grayzell,  the "Groovey"
Joe Poovey collection, and Barndance faves The Riptones.  Butt-Shaker of the
night?  The Country Rockers' shit-eatin' grin beauty called "Arkansas Twist."
Onto the goods....

Buck Owens, et al/ Buckaroo / Box Set / Rhino   (intro)

Buddy Holly / Down the Line / Boddy Holly Collection (MCA)
Buddy Holly / Rave On / Boddy Holly Collection (MCA)
Ritchie Valens / That's My Little Susie / Come On, Let's Go (Del-Fi)
Ritchie Valens / Come On, Let's Go / Come On, Let's Go (Del-Fi)
Big Bopper / Purple People Eater Meets... / D Singles (Bear Family)
Buddy Holly / Modern Don Juan / Boddy Holly Collection (MCA)
Buddy Holly / It's So Easy / Boddy Holly Collection (MCA)

Robbie Fulks / Can't Win for Losing You / Let's Kill Saturday Night (Geffen)
Last Train Home / So Long Baby Goodbye / Blastered (Run Wild)
Damnations Tx / Spit & Tears / Half Mad Moon (Sire)
Amy Allison / The Whiskey Makes You Sweeter / The Maudlin Years (KOCH)
Josh Rouse / Late Night Conversation / Dressed Up Like Nebraska (Slow River)

Howard Armstrong / When He Calls Me I Will Answer / Louie Bluie Soundtrack
(Arhoolie)
Howard Armstrong / 38 Pistol Blues / Louie Bluie Soundtrack (Arhoolie)
Howard Armstrong / New State Street Rag / Louie Bluie Soundtrack (Arhoolie)
Howard Armstrong / Nothing in this Wide World for Me / Louie Bluie Soundtrack
(Arhoolie)
Howard Armstrong / That'll Never Happen No More / Louie Bluie Soundtrack
(Arhoolie)

Charline Arthur / Just Look, Don't Touch, He's Mine / Welcome to the Club
(Bear Family)
Wynn Stewart / Falling for You / Challenge Masters (AVI)
Lloyd Green / Strangers / The Hit Sounds (Little Darlin')
Big Slim / Before You Break My Heart / The Lone Cowboy (Old Homestead)
Bill Mounce, et al / I Found a New Baby / Jitterbug Jive (Krazy Kat)

Farr Bros / Whing Ding / Texas Crapshooter (JEMF)
Ernest Tubb / Just Partners / Waltz Across Texas (Bear Family)
Leona Williams / Yes Ma'am / Heart of Texas Country (Neon Nightmare)
Ray Price / Crazy Arms / (Bear Family)
Johnny Bush / Texas Dancehall Girl / Heart of Texas Country (Neon Nightmare)
Ernest Tubb / I'm as Free as the Breeze / Waltz Across Texas (Bear Family)

"Groovey" Joe Poovey / Careful Baby / Greatest Grooves (Dragon Street)
Johnny Dollar / My Gal Friday / Mr. Action Packed (Dragon Street)
"Groovey" Joe Poovey / Ten Long Fingers / Greatest Grooves (Dragon Street)
Johnny Dollar / It's My Day / Mr. Action Packed (Dragon Street)
"Groovey" Joe Poovey / Livin' Alone / Greatest Grooves (Dragon Street)
Johnny Paycheck / The Late & Great Me / The Real Mr. Heartache (CMF)

Rudy Tutti Grayzell / You're Gone / Let's Get Wild (Sideburns)
The Sabrejets / Poontang / Friday Nite Rumble 2 (Run Wild)
The Country Rockers / Arkansas Twist / Free Range Chicken (Telstar)
The Riptones / Go Be & Do / Cowboy's Inn (Bloodshot)
Countrypolitans / Come Rollin' Inn / Tired of Drowning (Ultrapolitan)
The Riptones / Crazy Charlie / Cowboy's Inn (Bloodshot)

Fendermen / Bertha Lou / (Dee Jay Jamboree)
Andy Starr / Evil Eye / Dig Them Squeaky Shoes (Bear Family)
Rumblers / I Don't Need You No More / Desperate R 'n' R Vol. 2 (Flame)
Chuck Bene / I Want My Mama / Automatic Bop Vol. 2 (Collector)
Yellow Jackets / Chickee Town Rock / Louisiana Rockers (Ace)
Bob Grady / Granny Top Em at the Hop / Desperate R 'n' R Vol. 2 (Flame)

....bronchitis finally gettin' the best of me, so time for some long ones....
Ray Wylie Hubbard / Wanna Rock & Roll / Live at Cibolo Creek Country Club
(MLC)
Ray Wylie Hubbard / Up Against the Wall / Live at Cibolo Creek Country Club
(MLC)
Syd Straw & Skeletons / Harper Valley PTA / Real: Tom T. Hall Project (Sire)

Burton & Mooney / Corn Pickin' / Legends of Country Guitar / Rhino  (outro)

Enjoy.
Boudin Dan

N.P. - Joe Clay  "Ducktail"