Jeff Wall said:

>5. The stated purpose behind Groovegrass is to introduce Bluegrass to kids
>who would never otherwise hear it.

This seems to resurect an old thread regarding the lack ofpopularity and
high dollar sales in the Americana market, does it not?  If
country/alt.country purists aren't crazy about this hybrid does that mean
its bad?  Not having heard the album I have NO opinion, but I did have a
conversation with Jerry Douglas (the best dobro in the world IMHO and
secretary or treasurer of IBMA) this summer regarding getting *young*
people into bluegrass etc.  He pondered that it would be great to get Phish
or some such band popular with the *kids* to play at the IBMA conference to
attract a larger crowd.

This seems like a good idea to me-- IF you  believe that it will trickle
down (sorry for the Reagan-ism) and translate into more record sales. And
that you believe record sales are the bottom line.

What do ya'll think of efforts like this to spread the word?

I selfishly would fear the loss of the intimate crowds at festivals!<g>

Wynn