Well, it was clear the reviewer hadn't heard "Face made For Radio" cos
then maybe he would have noticed the Pere Ubu cover, proof of their
eclectic record collections, a point the reviewer sat on for awhile. He
also didn't notice that they cover a Great Plains (the OH Garage-"punk"
band) tune on the new one, if he needed more proof of eclectism. And way
back, they covered Duke Ellington. Unfortunately, he did notice the CCR
cover, which I have to say he backed up his point, regardless of how
well the Rangers do it. But by doing so, he revealed how little he knew
about the band, and yeh, I agree with Carl and Barry: the review was
backhanded, unfair.