Barry Mazor Wrote:

>Okay, nobody's said anything about this, and I feel the need coming on..
>
>I thought the "review" of One Riot One Ranger's "Side Tracks" in the latest
>No Depression was unreasonably dismissive, especially in that parting
>shot...
>
>(I could use stronger language--but I'm known to like these guys from the
>list and otherwise!  So I'll contain myself.)

Thanks for writing on this and basically rising to the defense of those
lovable Rangers.  Obviously I am going to be biased, being the label, but I
thought the reviewer just "didn't get it".  I see many reviews in the local
papers that are similar to this. The reviewer simply doesn't understand the
music and whether positive or negative, it essentially turns out to be a
nonreview.

... and only in America (on P2) do we have the uncommon freedom to review a
review!

Thanks to all who spoke up too! <wiping tear from my eye> I'm beggin' the
boys to let me release "Faces" too.

Down the road,

Stu Baker
Hayden's Ferry