On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, lance davis wrote:

> ...Mike put the pop into disco--like that needed to
> happen--and almost single-handedly ruined black music. (Of course,
> programmers at "urban radio" have helped immensely, but that's another
> argument). Jackoff was so unbelievably successful at what he did, that
> anyone even remotely related to the increasingly oxymoronic R&B field had to
> adjust to it.

Maybe Michael Jackson could be considered the black male equivalent of
Shania Twain?  Except he's neither especialy black or especially male.

A couple of years ago, at the height of his popularity, we had a
discussion about him where I work.  The white folks claimed he was black.
The black folks swore he was white.

-- Mike Woods

np - Waylon Jennings: You Can Have Her, I Don't Want Her