Jesus, I find myself agreeing with Don.  I realize that Mike has not been the
most lovable of characters and probably has some major personality defects but
he could definitely put out enjoyable well crafted pop/rock soul at least
until the HIStory fiasco.  Yes, he sold lots but sometimes that happens to
good stuff.  I would rank him as one of the three most influentail black
artists of the last 20 years.  The others would be Stevie Wonder who just
plain never ceases to amaze me.  The third one would be his royal pain in the
ass over- egoed TAFKAP (the artist formerly known as Prince).  And for the
most part I don't like his stuff but he too has done some brilliant stuff even
if I try not to like him or it.  And Sign of the Times ends up being in my top
100 albums of rock as does Thriller.

Iceman