JP Riedie wrote:

> >In a message dated 99-02-10 18:27:31 EST, you write:
> >
> ><<
> > On Wed, 10 Feb 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > > I thought the KKK originated in lovely east Texas, specifically the town
> > > of Vidor.  I'm referring to the area north of scenic Beaumont, near the
> > > Louisiana border.  There is a trio of small towns there (Vidor being
> > > one, I can't remember the names of the other two) that are known in
> > > local medical circles as the "septic triangle".  People have come out of
> > > there with the most amazing and unique genetic characteristics.
> >
> > So have lotsa great country artists, like George Jones.--don
> >  >>

> >She's not country, but Marcia Ball's from Vidor too.
> >
> >JXH
>
> The towns in question are Vidor, Orange and Port Arthur.   Janis Joplin and
> Marc Chesnutt are from this area also.

Big Bopper too. Jack Clement moved down there after Sun closed and built
a studio and cut a bunch of stuff down there. The kid he had working for
him, building and varnishing the echo chamber, etc, was Allen Reynolds
who produced Crystal Gayle and now Garth. Beaumont was a little scene
for awhile there, lots of Cajuns. He cut a hit record on Rod Bernard
there and pitched songs to George Jones (Just A Girl I Used to Know, She
Thinks I Still Care, etc.). This is where Jack became known as "Cowboy"-
during one of his parties he rode a big white horse through the front
door of his house, through the house, out the patio doors and into the
swimming pool.
--
Joe Gracey
President-For-Life, Jackalope Records