On Wed, 10 Feb 1999 15:57:31 -0500 Mike Hays
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am originally Middle Tennessee White Trash. Born and
>raised in Lebanon, Tennessee. Wilson County has (or had)
>the largest amount of armed rednecks in pickup trucks in
>the world. Williamson County runs a close second. When war
>breaks out, I'm holing up in Fairveiw. Just try to get my
>ass off the ridge.
> Being from Giles County TN, smack dab on the Alabama line where I 65 runs
> through into North Bama,  I'll vote to stand proud and tall with the ALL
> VOLUNTEER Contingent.  Wilson Co may have the most pickups and guns but
> Giles Co has the fewest teeth!<g> and we won't even mention that little
> episode with the hooded fellows, getting started there and all.
> And Jeff, bring those gunboats up the TN river into North Bama, we'll be
> able to hold off half the world....

Jeez, and I thought Virginians were hard-headed and ornry
...I guess you can take the boy out of Tennessee...FWIW, my
part of Frankin Co Tenn has enough coves and caves to keep
you soft *valley* boys lost for years<g> And yes, Tennessee
does have the sad and dubious distinction of birthing the
KKK thanks to our own Nathan Bedford Forrest. Fortunately,
Franklin County's two most famous former citizens are a bit
more civilized: Polly Crockett (wife of Davy) and Dinah
Shore.

William Cocke
Senior Writer
HSC Development