It looks like there are going to be several cool showcases at SXSW this year.
I ran into Johnny Dowd last night, and he told me that his band, the Old 97s,
the Bottle Rockets and Robbie Fulks are playing at the Liberty Lunch Saturday
night (he's also playing a Checkered Past party at the Yarddog, I think on
Saturday). Monte Warden is playing Thursday night at the Broken Spoke along
with Bruce and Charlie Robison. And New West Records will have a showcase:
Stephen Bruton, Jon Dee Graham and Billy Joe Shaver, but I'm not sure when it
is. Hopefully, it won't conflict with Right Said Fred's set.

jim
np: Belle & Sebastian, "Boy with the Arab Strap"-> Smiths lite