>Which reminds me. We do not as yet *have* any kind of P.A. What should we
get?
First of all, best of luck with your venture...now on to sound;
For bang for the buck, the old standby 6 channel powered Peavey head with
reverb connected to a pair of 12 or 15 inch cabinets with horns is pretty
damn hard to beat.  You can probably pick up a complete system for $400.  My
weekend band uses one with the 15's and we play halls as big as 250 seats
with compliments for sound quality and putting the vocals out front.  The
second choice is a Mackie mixer and a small power amp with similar speakers.
Ramsa Pro speakers work well and are super small with a huge sound.
Mike Hays
http://www.TwangCast.com  TM  RealCountry  24 X 7
Please Visit Then let us know what you think!

Mike Hays www.MikeHays.RealCountry.net
For the best country artist web hosting, www.RealCountry.net