On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  Dale
> > Watson and The Hot Club Of Cowtown both claim to be signed to Hightone
> > after SXSW gigs, btw.
>
>       Hot Club had a huge buzz on them going into their gig.

No, they didn't -- at least not outside of Austin.  I had heard nothing
about them before SXSW last year.  In fact, if it wasn't for a fortuitous
encounter with the sister of Don Walser's drummer on the first day of the
conference, I might've totally missed them when I was down there.--don
(back from the Gavin weaselfest and New Orleans, where Corey Harris, Kelly
Willis and Bruce Robison were the highlights -- not to mention hosting a
li'l performance/interview seminar with a fella you all have been chattin'
about recently by the name of Bobby Bare.  Bare Jr. fans will be happy to
know that Bare Sr. considers "Daddy What If" to be one of his career
high points.<g>)