<I missed the original inquiry, but
> since I have the record in question, I can verify it's existence.  It's on
> the King label, but I don't have the specifics.  I have another King 78 by
> the Cope Brothers with "Hills of Roane County" and "My Main Trial Is yet To
> Come."  I don't know anything about them beyond that they were a brother act
> that sang old-time trios and duets backed by guitar, mandolin, and electric
> guitar in a style somewhat similar to Charlie Monroe's Kentucky Pardners.
> I'll see what I can dig up.>>

Jim --

I'd be interested in getting ahold of a tape copy
of the 78 -- maybe we can work something out. (I am the original
"inquiring mind" re: the Cope Bros.)

Rob

> Cool. Thanks, Jim. Is there, by chance, a CD re-issue of the Cope Brothers
> out there floating around somewhere? I have references to them using
> Knoxville's WROL as a home base for broadcasting in the early 1950s (along
> with the Osborne Brothers, Brewster Brothers, Flatt and Scruggs, and
> others), but really haven't been able to dig up much about the Copes.
Robert A. Russell
Director, Writing and Communication Center
East Tennessee State University
Box 70602
Johnson City, TN  37614
Phone:  (423) 439-8438
Fax: (423) 439-8666
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.etsu.edu/wcc

"Objective evidence and certitude are doubtless very fine ideals to play with
but where on this moonlit and dream-visited planet are they found?"

-- William James, 1842-1910, "The Will to Believe"