> Who the heck are Johnnie and Jack?

A great late 40s to early 60s act.  Kitty Wells is Johnnie Wright's wife.
Jack was killed in a car wreck in 1963, on his way to Patsy Cline's funeral,
if I remember correctly.  They did a lot of great numbers, in a duet style
that was very different from the Louvin Brothers'; think more along the
lines of an earlier Wilburn Brothers.  They had a number of popular
rhumba-based hits, including (as one hopes all Buddy Miller fans know)
"Poison Love."

Johnnie, BTW, had a post-J&J solo career that included an early (maybe the
1st?) Tom T. Hall #1 in "Hello Vietnam."

Barry Mazor, if I remember correctly, is a Johnnie & Jack fan...

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/