I've just been reading Sid Griffin's Gram bio (which is really more of a
collection of interviews, etc.) and I've really enjoyed it. It's raw (and a
little hard to get into, I'd imagine, if you didn't already have some
background on GP ... but who'd buy it if they didn't?), but I particularly
like the numerous voices in it: Hillman, Emmylou, Gram's bandmates from the
early days, and, of course, the two great interviews with GP himself at
different stages of his (all too brief) career. Obviously, he did a lot of
livin' in those short years.

Anyway, the copy I'm reading is a loner ... I was wondering if anybody knew
where it might still be available to buy (it's got to be long out of print,
ain't it?)?

BTW I've got the Fong-Torres (sp?) bio, too, so I'm not just looking for a
GP bio -- I'm looking for another copy of Griffin's book.

Thanks.

P.S. When Gillian Welch and David Rawlings came to ETSU to do a songwriting
workshop my center co-sponsored with the Bluegrass-Country Music program,
they apologized for being a little late -- they'd been up half the night
recording Hickory Wind for the GP tribute (with Emmylou producing -- that
slave-driver ;->
_______________
Rob Russell
Johnson City, TN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://listen.to/thebystanders

----------
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: passenger side <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Return of the Grevious Angel
> Date: Tuesday, February 23, 1999 8:31 PM
>
> In a message dated 2/23/99 4:56:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> writes:
>
> <<
>  >"Conmemorativo: A Tribute to Gram Parsons" (Rhino R2 71269)
>  >
>  >It sucked.
>
>  Different strokes, I guess...I loved it, particularly Pet Clarke's Crazy
>  Horse-ish take on one of the Hot Burritos (I forget which one)...
>   >>
> Different strokes indeed.  I thought it was great.  John Keane, Peter
Buck,
> Kevn Kinney, and Michelle Malone doing "Cody, Cody" really grabs me and
Peter