Jon Weisberger wrote:

> Am I the only person who thinks that that was the point at which Mr. Taylor
> should have considered not writing about new country music?  And then to
> single out Martina McBride as a noble exception, while backhanding Alison...
> What a maroon

I can never understand the popularity of Martina McBride. To me she is
blandness personified. Maybe that's the answer.

I happen to think that Kelly Willis' Nashville stuff is pretty exceptional.
Bang Bang, I'll Try Again, Shadows Of Love, Sincerely, World Without You. You
have to say that Nashville had a hand in creating some pretty amazing music
here. If you look at select parts of Nashville output you can get a pretty good
selection of music. How about 455 Rocket or A Lover Is Forever? I'll never
write off Nashville as being a place that can put out something to knock your
socks off every now and then. I mean it's not like I like *all* alt.country.
Nashville gets a lot of criticisms around here, so I thought I'd add my
'friendly' opinion.

The Alison Krauss comment was pathetic.

Louise

np Fading Fast (again)
---
If you like rocking country music, check out the Okeh Wranglers web site at:

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/bluesmoke