In a message dated 1/17/99 3:51:20 PM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<  I say,
 let the rockers rock it,  as Steve Earle and half the acts we talk about
 do, as encores...and let J.D. Crowe bring it into the smoother (but still
 pretty frenetic, eh?)  attack of the grassers.

  I just think it's all pretty cool..the way it all moves along....and we
 get these great records.  Now as proof I'm in New York, I'd better get back
 to the Jets, while I can. >>

when I listen to what a great job Del Mccoury did with that Robert Cray song,
it is hard to question the "right" or validity of an artist from one genre
doing the material from another. When it works it can be a revelation, and
when it doesn't (REM butchering "King of the Road") it can suck bad.
Personally, I like to hear songs done in different styles, as it shows that a
good song is a good song, no matter how it's done.

Back to the Jets. What do I do if the Jets (my team since childhood) play the
Falcons (my home team) in the Super Bowl?

Slim