At 12:32 AM -0500  on 2/25/99, Mitch wrote:

>THE DIXIE CHICKS WON?  Oh God, country's answer to The Spice Girls gets an
>award for Best Cleavage--Country Duo or Group (couldn't be for their talent,
>or lack thereof).

That's a great line, but -- although I liked the previous Chicks much
better than the current incarnation -- Laura was the highlight of an
otherwise quite talented band. The sisters and the rest of the band
weren't exactly dragging Laura down, and if they're fluffier and less
interesting than they once were, let alone submerging the full range of
their talent in their quest for financial success, they're still better
than a lot of what's out there.

Great line, though. I'll give you this -- they need fashion tips a lot
more than they need music lessons.

Bob