.  Granted Ray Stevens is eons above,
>say Journey on the artistic scale.  I however, have never liked him, and
>I particularly hate his novelty songs like Ahab the Arab and the Streak.
> By throwing his name out, I *want* to hear defenses of his work.  Give
>me a reason to appreciate him, as I haven't found one yet
>Carl Z.

I enjoy a good laugh every now and then and Ray delivers with the above
mentioned yet very old and the not so old "If 10% is Good Enough For Jesus
(It ought to be good enough for Uncle Sam)" .  Ray has done some pretty good
straight tunes, not necessarily twangy but quality nonetheless.  I say keep
him around for the humor.
Mike Hays
http://www.TwangCast.com  TM  RealCountry  24 X 7
Please Visit Then let us know what you think!

Mike Hays www.MikeHays.RealCountry.net
For the best country artist web hosting, www.RealCountry.net