At 7:48 PM -0500  on 2/26/99, Jon Weisberger wrote:

>Oh, yeah, forgot about that Joni Mitchell thing.  Eradicating her would
>leave the world without "You Turn Me On I'm A Radio," hence without Gail
>Davies' fine first version of it (she recorded it again for her recent,
>misleadingly-named Greatest Hits), hence without Leland Sklar's impossibly
>beautiful bass part on that record.

Jon, between this and your other comments about Red Allen's solos, I
think you're micromanaging. Leland Sklar would have done an impossibly
beautiful bass part on some other record, no? Bluegrass Reunion would
have been recorded with Red Allen leads if Garcia had never been born,
no? This isn't Six Degrees of Separation. <g>

Bob