BARNARD wrote:

> Yes, despite our habit of ritually debunking Jeff Lynne, it would be wrong
> to eliminate him because of a number of fine things he's done, not least
> the Roy Orbison recordings Dina mentions.
>
> There's also "Brontasaurus," by The Move <g>.

Not to take anything away from Lynne but we should give proper credit
here.  This is essentially a Roy Wood number, both as writer and
singer.  Lynne only played on it, having just joined the band.  Things
got more to a 50-50 split on the next album, Message From the Country or
Split Ends depending on when and where you bought it, and of course the
first Electric Light Orchestra album which was basically the Move with
strings.

Bill Lavery
http://villagerecords.com/