In a message dated 3/1/99 1:34:43 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<<
 Um, no. Hendrix spawned far too many wanking guitar solos to be allowed to
 remain. Yes, the man could play the guitar but most of his imitators which
 are legion, can not. The Beach Boys define crappy, and I mean crappy pop
 music. Bland, soulless bullshit. Why every rock critic seems to adore Pet
 Sounds is beyond me. I read often that it is a groundbreaking, ahead of its
 time album. For a real groundbreaking record, released in the same year, try
 Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart.

Different strokes for different folks.  I won't give up Hendrix just because
he spawned the wankers -- not his fault.  And I still refuse to give up Brian
Wilson -- you can have the other boys.  And try listening to the Smile
sessions.