At 08:31 PM 3/1/99 -0500, you wrote:

>>Jennifer, who is going to scream for "Jet" at the top of her lungs when
>>Mr. Fulks hits town next month...
>>

>OK, OK, finally I just have to ask "WHY?!!!"  I just don't get it.  Why do
>people love for country or alt.country bands or so-called alt.country bands
>to do covers of godawful cheesy rock songs?  Why do people respond to these
>more than they do to the, OK, I'm going to say it, "real" songs?

Secret confirmation that those godawful songs we all loved as kids aren't
as godawful as many of us publicly claim. It isn't just alt.country bands.
The Mats once did a three song Alice Cooper medly with the roadie singing
leads (Bill something or another, I think). In fact, they also did Build Me
Up Buttercup in that same show and this wasn't one of the drunken song frag
shows.

Jeff

Miles of Music mail order
http://www.milesofmusic.com
FREE printed Catalog: (818) 883-9975 fax: (818) 992-8302, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Alt-Country, rockabilly, bluegrass, folk, power pop and tons more.