Jon wrote:

>> It's a double-CD in one of those flip cases, released a couple of weeks
ago.
Basically, it's The Sun Sessions plus - the plus being a number of live cuts
from 1955, pre-Sun stuff and a couple of alternate takes that didn't appear
on The Sun Sessions.  The notes consist of a good essay by Peter Guralnick
and not much else; there is, for instance, no date, definite or speculative
(beyond the year), for the live cuts, and no discussion of where or why they
were recorded.  <<

I believe the live material (and I thought I read it in the liner notes) is
taken from an acetate of a 1955 Louisiana Hayride appearance.  Regardless,
the sound quality of those unreleased live tracks is just short of abysmal.
In other words, unless you need all the Elvis you can get, this collection
doesn't really bring anything new and worthwhile to the table.

Boudin Dan