> I believe the live material (and I thought I read it in the liner
> notes) is
> taken from an acetate of a 1955 Louisiana Hayride appearance.

Oh, er, um, yeah.  Still not dated more precisely, though <g>.

> Regardless, the sound quality of those unreleased live tracks is
> just short of abysmal.
> In other words, unless you need all the Elvis you can get, this collection
> doesn't really bring anything new and worthwhile to the table.

New, no, but worthwhile, I'd say yes, and not because I need all the Elvis I
can get.  This is the Elvis period that's of greatest interest to me, and to
hear him doing his stuff in front of a Hayride audience offers some insights
into what he was doing and thinking during a critical time in his career -
and for country music.

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/