The first time I saw The D-Nation, I had the same feeling.
A little too ND for me, but they do it so well that it grew on me.  And
since then they have branched out a lot.
Rob and Keith are so far beyond what anybody in any other country band
(except the Gourds, of course) can do for me, it's not even funny.  And
neither has probably ever heard "New Madrid".  But they hear the guy
that played that part not play it with The Gourds all the time.

The girls love Jay Farrar Superstar and such, but I think they've
learned to get somewhat beyond their influences.
(Amy should write a song that's not about Jimmy or his amp<ha!>)
So has Jeff T., Max, Jimmy, Kev., etc.
These are the people to watch.

UT is a funny thing.
Certain gourds and beebles remember hearing that there was a band from
Missouri that was sorta like The Picket Line Coyotes.

--Matt Cook (still a little tanked)