From: Don Yates
To: passenger side
Sent: 3/3/99 12:02 PM
Subject: Re: Damnations TX vs tired UT sounds

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Matt Benz wrote:

> Anyway, I love the record, but am surprised to hear the tag team of
> Yates and Weiss claim this stands out from the UT "genre". I hear
plenty
> of overt UT influence on this album. Strains of New Madrid lurk in the
> banjo strains, etc... Also, do you really think that musically this
> album stands out?

Oops, forgot to reply to this.  I can't speak for Neal, but for me
anyway,
it stands out simply because it's so much better than yer average
run-of-the-mill alt-country album -- quality songs performed well, with
some of the most deliciously soulful singing that I've heard from an
alt-country act in quite some time.--don