> Mark Nesler
> Chad Brock
> Shane Stockton
> Gil Grand
> Monty Holmes
> Keith Harling
> The Great Divide
>
> zzzzzzz.
> What makes Randall, Stockton, Harling and the Divide "new faces"? Seems
> they've been around a while. Or is iyt that because radio doesn't pay
> attention that they are still "new"?

All of them except Randall are on their first albums, or at least first
major-label releases.  Kind of the way the Dixie Chicks were counted as "New
Faces" last year.  I'm not sure why that's such an irritation.

> Also >>the McCall piece suggests once again that the biggest piece of the
> problem is at the radio end, not the label end).
>
> Judging by this lineup, I'd say their strangling each other and loving it.
> <g>

Different strokes for different folks.  Moorer's been discussed here plenty;
Stockton, Nesler and Brock have all put out albums with some good stuff.
Randall's a talented guy whose first single (the title track from the new
album) was co-written with Bill Anderson and is a straightforward enough
country cut to please folks who have their knees under control.

Getting ready to crank up the new George Strait,

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/