Jenni wrote:

> > I'm simply fascinated by the idea of being repelled by a more
> > eclectic radio mix.  I'll certainly give you your point about
> > the smug-superiority factor of AAA, but that tag absolutely does
> > not apply to WNKU, one of the best Non-Comm AAA stations in the
> > country.

And Homeboy Jon Weisberger replied:

> One of the best?  Yikes.  I don't care whether the station's daytime mix is
> eclectic or not, I care whether it plays stuff I like, or at least don't
> mind, which it doesn't often do; I'm not offering a criticism of the
> station, but I don't care for what it programs, for the most part.

I'll have to back Jon up here. WNKU is a great station, supports
and co-sponsors roots shows in the community, nice folks, etc.
BUT, while they have a great playlist (their top 25 is printed in one
of the free weeklies), I'll be damned if I ever here it. I just remarked
to a pal last night that I've heard that godawful "Both Sides Now"
(Joan Baez?) more in the past week (three times) than anything off
the new Earle record (one).

Ed Cunningham's show is, by far and away, the best thing on the
station; the Sunday morning folk show is, by far and away, the
worst.

Related peeve: there are three public radio stations in town who all
pay to carry NPR's Morning Edition and All Things Considered
(from a yuppie perspective, that is). Wow, what a waste of funds,
seems like they could team up or something...

Drinking coffee from a WNKU coffee mug at the moment,
Dave

***
Dave Purcell, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Northern Ky Roots Music: http://w3.one.net/~newport