Chad wrote: < I was going to go see him, but now I don't know if I should
waste my time.  So would anyone be willing to enlighten me, or tell me why
I'm
listening the wrong way, etc.?>

If Joe Henry's recent appearance on Sessions At West 54th is any indication,
he is well worth seeing live in his most recent incarnation (I saw him open
for UT years ago).  I'm more a fan of his "Kindness of the World" period and
was slow to come around to "Trampoline" as well.  But in particular I recall
the versions of "Ohio Air Show Crash" and "Like She Was A Hammer" (one of
the best songs on "Fuse") really swung on the show.  The grooves he uses
sound a bit more musical and less mechanical live.  Plus he's an interesting
guy to watch perform.  I really like "...Hammer" and "Skin & Teeth" from the
new one and the rest of it is growing on me.  Give it another shot and don't
miss the show.

Peace,
   Slonedog