On Tue, 9 Mar 1999 17:36:32 -0500 (EST) Chad
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not on P2 anymore, but I wanted to toss this rant out to you
> carnivores.
>
> I've been listening and listening to Joe Henry's new one.  I don't get it.

Yo Babooski -- Keep trying. Be patient. This ain't no
Emmylou record, ya know. It took me a week of playing
"Trampoline" at home during lunch for it to click with me.
Joe Henry is one of the most difficult artists to "get" on
the first listen I've ever come across. It always takes
days, even weeks, before his songs work for me. So far,
I've played it three times and I'll rank "Like She Was a
Hammer" and "Great Lake" up there with his best work. He's
managed to transcend twang (in a good sense, of course!) in
a more pleasing way, to these ears anyway, than, say, Jeff
Tweedy.

William Cocke
Senior Writer
HSC Development